Fabien Cordiez provides a comprehensive service in relation to all areas of French property law.
* Property conveyancing (sale, purchase and transfer of French real-estate property)
The legal procedure in France is quite different from that in the UK or Ireland in relation to buying and selling property. It is critical that you have independent legal representation by someone who is acting solely for you and not for anyone else involved in the transaction so as to avoid any potential conflict of interest.
* French property disputes
Many English-speaking individuals who have bought property in France may experience legal difficulties with their French property and require legal advice or representation from a bilingual French Lawyer. Mr Cordiez also acts for clients who are buying property in France and need assistance dealing with developers, mortgage companies, local government and other institutions in France.
If you have any type of dispute with these or other organisations, we can help you to reach an agreement through the French legal system.
We have a great deal of experience in French property matters and a good track record or achieving favourable outcomes for our clients.
* French mortgages agreements and problems with mortgages e.g. repayments, repossession proceedings.
* Setting up powers of attorney
A power of attorney enables someone to act on your behalf in legal matters. This is useful for instance when documents need signing in France and you cannot be there to sign them yourself.
* Dealing with property developers
* Leaseback properties
Including legal advice and help in relation to failing leaseback companies, breach of contract, re-negotiating lease contract terms upon renewal.
* Investment properties
* Off-plan property purchase
* Help with negotiations of purchase and sale terms
* French property tax advice
* Rental agreements and landlord & tenants matters
* French succession law and cross-border inheritance matters
* French land registry searches